Friday, February 26, 2010

Second Time Around


It's funny because I feel like I did a better job teaching the first day of class when I was caught off guard than the second time we had to teach. When I watched the tape of me teaching I was still too wordy and needed to have less "Instruction" time in my lesson and more "Activity" time. I was also told that I was a little too tense and I need to loosen up, which I definitely think is true. I want my bubbliness and excitement about P.E. to come out through my teaching and it didn't really this time around. I know it will. :)

Being able to see how I divided up my instruction, management, activity, and waiting time from Lab 1 has been really beneficial. So for lab two I wanted to set aside way more activity time. Great Physical Education teachers are able to divide up their time wisely and hopefully try to get the most activity time for their students as possible. I did the Time Coding Analysis Form for my second teaching lab and I think I divided up my time wisely. I had WAYYYY more activity time than my first teaching experience. Take a look :)

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZ03EU4y2g4EZGdtcHRmem5fMzhkdHBkM2M5&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=0AZ03EU4y2g4EZGdtcHRmem5fNGZmdzh3NWhz&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment