Monday, April 19, 2010

Michael Phelps Who?



So, I taught my final lab today and I was anxious to teach swimming, because I am not the best swimmer in the world. I thought overall, it went pretty well. I felt like I started off with good energy and had a healthy control of the class, but I think I fizzled a bit towards the end. It's pretty obvious when your students understand what your talking about and the directions your giving. I made the mistake of ending with a peer assessment, instead of with a fun handball game that I had planned. I definitely should have skipped the peer assessment and gone with the game, because I was not clear with the directions and it's just not a FUN way to end a class. It became more "drill" like at the end of my lesson, and I was not shooting for that.


I am learning SOOOOOO much from this class about myself. I still have so much left to learn and I plan on doing that my whole life. I genuinely love teaching and being at the center of kids having fun and being active. Can't wait til next semester!!!!

Here's my swimming lesson :)






Time Coding Form
Feedback Analysis Form
Verbal Transcription

No comments:

Post a Comment